Monday, February 18, 2008

More fun than I thought!







Sunday, February 17, 2008

More Fun than I Thought
We arrived after 8 days of travel in Lima, Peru, Santiago, and Vina Del Mar , Chile. As I write this , our ship is rolling a little side to side....have not gotten my sea legs yet. After arriving at the dock at Valpariso, just up the hoarbor from Vina DEl Mar, the loading process was smooth. We boarded the ship and our bags magically appeared in our stateroom, which is compact but has a surprising amount of storage.Our butler/valet is named "Dodit", and he's from outside Djakarta, Indonesia. He smiles all the time, very unflappable, and left towels on the very comfortable bed in the shapes of fans, with little chocolates tucked into them. He hung up my clothes when I had to run out for dinner (I could get used to this)...Today I went to the gym at 6:45 and used the treadmill, although the pitch and roll while doing the treadmill is a little disconcerting!! Then the bike (better), then wandered over to the Lido dining room and met Harry--had breakfast, then a pedicure in the Salon, now I'm planning on going nto the Diamond and Tanzanite Show in the jewelry shop, or maybe play Team Trivia in the Explorer's Lounge...Wow!Patty

No comments: